I can’t believe I waited so long to attend Queens International Night Market! The Market is basically a food frenzy, featuring live performances, games, and of course FOOD!
Last Saturday I attended the even with a handful of friends. It all goes down at Flushing Meadows park, right behind the Hall of Science.
Why it was great:
- Amazing food
- Free Parking! If you get there early, you don’t even have to fight for a spot.
- Chill environment. Very relaxed, family friendly. It did get a big crowded later in the evening, but there was still space in the grass to hang out and not feel like you were elbow to elbow in with other patrons.
- Pretty cheap! My husband and I collectively spent around $40 and that was after trying a lot of different food and beverages. Each item is an average of $5.
Things to prepare for:
- You may want to bring a chair or blanket, so you can sit in the grass.
- Wear comfortable shoes, as you could be standing for a while
- Bring CA$H. I remember seeing a lot of “Cash ONLY” signs, but there was an ATM available right at the entrance.
- Overall I suggest getting there towards the beginning @6pm because by 9 when we were leaving, people were fighting for parking, the lines were pretty intense and it was a bit dark in the grassy area. I do think that it would be a fun environment later in the evening though if it were like a date-night.
The Night Market is shutting down for a bit due to the US Open, but it will be returning and I plan to return as well!